The LLumar Window Film Blog
Inexpensive Bathroom Updates Help Create a Peaceful Place
Are you ready to refresh your bathroom but your budget is a bit tight? I can relate. I’m a DIYer and I love updating and decorating our 53 year old home. When inspiration strikes (often after watching one of my favorite HGTV shows), I plot my plan of attack. Easy to do bathroom updates can make a big difference in how your bathroom looks and functions. From fresh paint to window film, you can make your bathroom feel like a new room. Here are some of my tried and true bathroom updates.
- Deep clean your bathroom to shine up existing fixtures, counters, vanity, flooring and walls. Cost is a little elbow grease and cleaning supplies!
- Caulk around your tub and shower. Under $25 for waterproof caulk and caulk gun.
- Paint the walls a different color for an instant refresh. According to the Huffington Post, gray is the new neutral for bathrooms; a super foundation for accessories in just about any color. $25 to $100 depending upon bathroom size and paint selection.
- Replace towels and rug. New towels quickly perk up the space. Cost can fit any budget.
- Spruce up your existing cabinetry with new hardware – knobs and pulls. A new knob can cost as little as $3 each.
- Install a new faucet in your sink or bathtub; make sure you turn off the water before you begin! $50 and up.
- Add privacy to your shower with decorative window film. Whether it’s a band across the middle or the entire shower, LLumar® iLLusions™ Decorative Window Film helps transform your bathroom into a tranquil setting. Contact your local dealer for more information.
- Anchor a decorative towel bar or hook for a distinct yet functional accent. $15 and up.
- Hang a framed mirror, which can make the space appear larger. Home furnishings retailers usually have a wide selection. $20 and up.
- Add a piece of furniture for a sophisticated touch. A small table, chair, or stool instantly warms up a bathroom and reveals your personal style. Before you buy anything, however, look around your home for the perfect piece. Otherwise buy something you love!
We’d love to see your inexpensive bathroom updates. When you’re finished tackling that small project, snap a picture or two and share with us.