The LLumar Window Film Blog
National Youth Traffic Safety Month
Safe Driving Tips to Share with Your Teen
As a mom with a 17 year-old son and a 15 year-old teenaged daughter who will drive soon, my awareness of the importance of teaching and talking about safe driving, especially among young drivers, has been heightened. It’s National Youth Traffic Safety Month—a great time to review safe driving practices with your young drivers. In anticipation of teaching our daughter, I have already begun compiling some great safe driving tips. They may be helpful to you, too.
Safe Driving Tips
- Start with a safe car—whether it is a family car or their own car, make sure it has good safety ratings.
- Equip the car with emergency items including water, a first-aid kit and blanket.
- Have a candid discussion about the privilege of driving. Make expectations and potential consequences very clear. Some parents have their teens sign a contract.
- Talk about the importance of no texting or any cell phone use while driving.
- Remind your driver to adhere to speed limits and all other rules of the road.
- Follow the laws, too. Our kids watch what we do and learn from our habits.
- Consider window tint for added safety and comfort. LLumar® AIR automotive window film provides the ultimate protection against damaging ultraviolet rays in a nearly clear film that helps block glare and maintain visibility. Check your state laws for details.
- Encourage good grades for a potential insurance discount.
If you have another safe driving tip or story, share it with us!
LLumar® AIR automotive window film provides the ultimate protection against damaging ultraviolet rays for you and your passengers in a nearly clear film that helps block glare and enhance visibility.